Tuesday, January 1, 2008

First Blog of 2008





Well, after a wonderfully hermit-like existence consisting of several days of eating, napping, and watching movies...Jud and I made a feast for ourselves on New Years Eve and spent a lovely quiet evening at home. At 11:30, our friends, Deepti and Larry came up to ring in the New Year...we watched fireworks from our rooftop, and then hung out playing our new game "Scene It" (very fun, if you don't know!.. although, I have yet to win!) until about 3:00am... then Jud and I sang songs on the guitar until about 4am. It was perfect.

Now here we are in 2008.. with coffee in hand... at the computer... waiting on the yummy crock pot soup to finish (boy does it smell amazing!)... and staring to get this year going. Gonna start off with filing old papers... getting a bit more organized... and... trying to remember that I need vacations. That is something HUGE that I've learned in the past few days of the hermit existence... I've gotta learn to rest. It does the soul right. I actually feel rejuvenated and ready to do more! Imagine that.... Yeah...I don't think I realized how exhausted I was.....

Okay.... so... off we go!!!!!!

No comments: